Are you a NORTH CANTON SCHOOL DISTRICT resident?
If you are a resident of the North Canton City School District, you are eligible to borrow from the North Canton Student Loan Fund. And the GREAT NEWS? You can also borrow from the Canton Student Loan Foundation! With only 1 application!
Applying online is easy!
This application is ONLY for NEW applicants to North Canton Student Loan or Canton Student Loan who have NEVER borrowed from either Foundation.
If you have ALREADY BORROWED from one of the Foundations, you are a current/repeat borrower. Repeat borrowers should choose the "Repeat App/Update Form" button on the homepage or click HERE. This Repeat App/Update Form will allow you to borrow from either or both Foundations.
If you are borrowing for the first time, please carefully read the following and follow the links.
If you are interested in a local, low interest loan with deferred interest and payments to help with school expenses, please follow these three (3) steps:
1. VITAL INFORMATION- Click here to view loan information/checklist
2. LOAN APPLICATION- Click here to access the Loan Application
You will be taken to a portal and will enter your first name, last name, email address as well as a authentication code. Then click "start application" . A link will be sent to your email so you can access the application.
Once you receive the email and click on the link you will be taken to the application portal. You may save your progress at any time. When you want to revisit the application, go back to the link in your email. Use a browser other than Internet Explorer (Chrome, Firefox, etc).
3. OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS- once your application has been processed you will be given a link to your student portal and these documents should be uploaded there.
- Student Aid Report from the FAFSA- upload to student portal.
- ACT/SAT Scores - if not included on your high school transcript- upload
to student portal.
- Two (2) letters of reference/recommendation (see guide in
"vital information" link). Reference can mail or email directly to the
Foundation or they can be given to the student and they can upload them.
- Grade Reports- High School and College (if applicable). MUST be
submitted by the school. See instruction sheet in:"vital information"
link or application.
Mail: 4974 Higbee Ave NW, Suite 204, Canton OH 44718
There is no deadline to apply- however, having an application done by June 1st is ideal to ensure that financial assistance is available before the fall semester begins and bills are due.